In development: Pregame ad moduleApr 01
We are currently developing a new module for phpAS. If turned on, this module will use the adzone system to display an ad for X seconds (lets say 10 seconds), before closing and showing the game.
How it will work:
- First make a new adzone, Make a note of the id of that adzone as we will need that later.
- Then go to advertisements and create a new ad (or edit old ads) to display in the new adzone we just created.
- Open the PreAd settings and enter the Adzone ID we got in step one. This will tell the module what ads to display
- In the same settings, enter how long you wish for the ad to display – Around 8-15 seconds will probably perform best
- Turn the Pread on (or off)
And you’re good to go.
We expect this module to be finished by monday, and it will be included for free with phpAS v4.2 when we get to that point.
Until v4.2 is released the module can be bought for $15 and will be compatible with v4.1 and v4.0.
Now some of you might ask why should I pay for it when I can get it for free soon?
Simple answer: You will get it faster.
Long answer: By releasing some modules that will be included for free in future releases of phpAS we can fund further development of Php Arcade Script and in return we will be able to release new versions faster. So you will get new modules faster, and we get something other than bread and water on the dinner table
Not all of our development will be released in this manner, some will be released for free and some will stay hidden in the closet until the next version of the script is released.